Monday, September 27, 2010

CHAPTER 8 : The Hunger Games

1. What do the scores in the trainings mean to the tributes? What scores do Peeta and Katniss receive?
When the tributes are taken for separate training, they are given a score for their overall performance. The scores are based on a scale of 1-12.The career tributes receive 8-10. Everybody else averages a 5. Except for Peeta, he manages to get an 8 while Rue gets a 7. Surprisingly, Katniss earns an 11.

2. How did Katniss and Gale meet? Describe their story

Katniss meets Gale one day when she is out hunting alone. She only caught one squirrel, when a rabbit caught in a snare caught her eye. She checks it out when Gale comes. They start talking and laughing. The next day, they start sharing hunting knowledge and hunt together. They eventually become hunting partners.
QUOTES
"Gale gave me a sense of security that I'd lacked since my father's death."pg.111-112
"Being out in the woods with Gale...sometimes I was actually happy."pg.112
"He became my confident, someone with whom I could share thoughts I could never voice inside the fence."pg.112
"Well, Catnip, stealing's punishable by death, or hadn't you heard?"pg.110

No comments:

Post a Comment